Friday, October 12, 2007

Law School, The Bar Exam, and Starbucks

October 12, 2007 - Friday

Law School, The Bar Exam, and Starbucks

I woke up the other day. Sure, I wake up every day, or almost every day. But the other day I awoke and realized I have only 6 months until I graduate from law school.

Yeah! for me you say, but please don't. Sure, having that J.D. after my name will look cool on the Firm letterhead, and my friends will flock to me with their various legal ills and woes for free advice they won't listen to.

But 6 months goes really fast and then I take the California Bar Exam. Not so yeah......

So if I seem to be more and more of an asshole, please understand that its nothing personal. You see, I probably won't even know you exist when I offend you since I will be mentally reviewing such things as the rule against perpetuities and ways to get outside of the felony murder rule box.

So when I glare at you for waiting for your venti six pump triple shot half decaf two equals chocolate peppermint late at the cream and sugar bar, blocking my access to the half and half that is sure to be empty, and I murmer a little something like "do you fucking mind getting the fuck out of my fucking way" please understand its not about you.

Its about me. Its about you can't even begin to understand what its like unless you have been to law school.

So please just get away from the cream and sugar bar. In fact, use the fucking drive through or go to McDonalds so I don't have to listen to you order your silly ass 6000 calorie liquid candy.
That way I can get my coffee - and coffee makes me happy.

Anyway, like I said, sure, I'm an asshole. Its temporary. It will pass. It will pass when I pass the bar.

But at least I'm not a complete dick like that fuck taking up the cream and sugar bar.......

No comments:

Post a Comment