Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Christina Aguilara Earns Much Cash Dancing Erotically

June 25, 2008 - Wednesday

As true as the statement is likely to be, its service to me is memory recall. Its called a "mnemonic" if you don't know.

This gem helps me to recall the issues related to the remedy of specific performance as applied to contract claims - triggering Contract validity; Adequacy of the legal remedy; Enforceability; Mutuality of the remedy; Conditions; Defenses; and Equitable conversion.

I know what you are thinking - what the FUCK ??

Yep. Exactly. Focus on the bar exam at all times; Use every moment of my time and energy to prepare for the bar exam; Concentrate on the task at hand to the exclusion of all others; and Know my weaknesses so I can remedy them.

I have previously mentioned the mountain of discrete and abscure rules of law and analytical approaches one must master in order to pass the California Bar. And lets be that specific - the California Bar is unlike any other bar exam. 18 hours in a convention center with thousands of other candidiates - more than 50% of which will fail. Almost 20 distinct topics of law. Yeah, it sucks.

In order to memorize the thousands of rules of law , exceptions to the rules, and exceptions to exceptions to the rules of law, you have to dump anything and everything in your head that is not related to the bar exam.

That means, friends names and their phone numbers, birthdays and other holidays, your passwords and ATM PIN, why we use deoderant, all forgotten.

I'm wandering about mumbling things like "Crazy Silly Double Dealing Dirty Dog Leave Right Now Never Return Ever" or " Thomas A. Edison Is Pouring Himself The Drink" with a glazed look in my eyes. So far no one has called the cops on me.

So if it seems like I have forgotten anyone - well, I have. If I have really offended you, send me an email with your full name, phone number and a recent picture.... I'll try to make it up to you after the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment