Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bar Review Version 2.0

I am beginning my re-newed preparations to take the California Bar Exam. This coming Friday will be the first of 78 full time study days dedicated to improving my essay and performance test scores. This time its only going to be 6 to 8 hours a day though instead of 10 to 12 like last time.

Bar Review Version 2.0 will not be anything like Version 1.0. I went beyond my usual charming asshole self well into the realm of being a complete dick during bar review 1.0. Just ask Eric.

Version 2.0 will not require me to do any law lectures or workshops. This time my review is about improving my writing style, format and presentation because I only needed 12.5 more raw points to pass.

Had I scored just 1.8 raw points more on each of my essays and PTs I would have passed the bar exam. That's one or two "buzzwords" for each essay. In fact, because my scores were so close to passing my essays and PTs were read a second time and my ultimate scores were the average between the two readings. Had I received the highest of the scores on each essay where there was a difference, I would have passed.

I'm not making excuses. I'm just setting the context for what bar review will be like this time. This time I am not going to let bar review completely consume my time and life like Version 1.0. This time I am going to:

1) Go to happy hour at the FOB with my roomies like usual
2) Continue to talk to my friends and loved ones
3) Smile and be cheerful
4) Eat, shower and do laundry without needing a reminder
5) Have a LOT of sex with my Girlfriend!

I recently read somewhere that having sex is one of the best ways to get your creative mind to perform at its peak. In fact one bar review "guru" advocates a daily booty call all through bar review. Well if he says so….

I am dedicated, positive and resolved to be successful on Bar Exam 2.0 this coming February. And I'm not going to loose me or my life in the process of getting there this time. So my Big Four O birthday party is still on (save the date – January 17!), and I'm going to celebrate the holidays wholeheartedly.

And if you are thinking of sending me something for either Christmas or my birthday, might I suggest Southwest Airlines gift cards, Starbucks cards or donations to my Bar Exam Hotel and Eating fund….

That was a joke by the way …… mostly anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment